Can I use a Kocoono Weighted Blanket in Summer? Are Weighted Blankets hot?
Yes, you can use a Kocoono Weighted Blanket in the Summer. We have many customers in Ireland and the UK that use the Kocoono all year round. You just need to use it differently to make the most of it!
How can a Kocoono Weighted Blanket help you?
If you are suffering from poor sleep caused by stress, anxiety or health conditions, or simply want to have a deeper and restorative rest, a weighted blanket therapy can help you!
Kocoono Weighted Blankets can help you fall asleep naturally and stay asleep longer by relaxing your body.
Their concept is based on Deep Touch Pressure Therapy, which is firm but gentle pressure applied to the body similar to a hug or massage, which helps calm your Nervous System and relax your muscles, making it easier to wind down before bed. Research shows that this type of deep pressure effectively relaxes the body.
Do Kocoono weighted blankets make you hot?
Summer is coming, and the nights are getting warmer, so the idea of a weighted blanket for Summer may be a concern. Are weighted blankets hot? Can I use a weighted blanket in Summer? These are common questions, often from hot sleepers and women who suffer from night sweats at night.
- Kocoono Weighted Blankets are not designed for heat per se, as the main functionality is for Deep Pressure Therapy. This is a common misconception about a weighted blanket. While they are heavier than regular blankets, this does not mean the blankets are too hot. In fact, we always recommend using your regular duvet with your Kocoono during the cold months, as the Kocoono itself would not keep you warm. This is not the main functionality of the blanket.
- A key factor t is the fabric of the blanket and the filling material! All our Kocoono™ Weighted Blankets have 100% cotton on the bottom side, which is extra-breathable and ideal for keeping you cool on the hottest days.
- They are filled with glass beads ,typically cooler than plastic and help you regulate your body temperature.
- If you are a hot sleeper or want to keep extra cool in the Summer, the best option is our Kocoono LUXE Ocean Waves Cotton. This version is made of cotton on both sides! You can still use this in Winter with their regular duvet.
How should I sleep with a Kocoono weighted blanket in the summer? 6 tips to sleep cool and deeply!
1. Make sure to use the cotton side close to your skin
- Our Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE is made of Minky on the outer side and cotton on the bottom side.
- The Kocoono Weighted Blanket BASIC has Velvet on the outer side and cotton on the bottom side.
Make sure to use the bottom side made of cotton close to your body, so you can keep cool on the hottest days. Our cotton fabric is breathable and will help you to regulate your body temperature
- If you buy the Kocoono LUXE Ocean Waves cotton, then you can use either side close to your body as both are made of cotton!
2. Use a cooling sheet between your body and your Kocoono
We always recommend using a sheet between yourself and your Kocoono just to prevent extra washing. If you sleep hot in the summer months, a cooling sheet will be the best option to cool down your body!
3. Remove some of the weighted bands in your Kocoono to make it lighter and less warm.
If you have the Kocoono Weighed Blanket LUXE, you can remove some of the weighted bands to make it lighter and feel less warm!
The Kocoono LUXE is customisable and allows you to alter the weight! It is segmented into 9 large inner weighted bands across the blanket and 2 small ones around your neck. You can remove the inner weighted bands through the openings down the length of the blanket.
Most of our customers remove some of them to make it lighter and cooler in the summertime. Watch this video to learn more about how it works!
4. Use your Kocoono without your duvet
We always recommend using Kocoono with your regular duvet in Winter since Kocoono is not designed for heat per se.
We have many customers in Ireland and the UK that would use both the duvet and their Kocoono weighted blanket all year round.
If you feel that both (duvet an Kocoono Blanket) are too much for the Summer, get rid of your duvet and start using Kocoono with just a sheet!
5. Wash your Kocoono Blanket as many times as you need! It is machine washable!
All our Kocoono™ Weighted Blankets come with a removable cover that can safely be put in the washing machine.
If you sweat at night while sleeping during the warm months, wash your Kocoono as many times as you need!
- It is recommended to put the outer cover in the washing machine at 30 degrees max, and then air-dry. If you hang your Kocoono on sunny days outside on the line, it takes no more than 3 hours to get dry!
6. Use the cold therapy capabilities of our Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE
Are these tips not enough to cool you down? Are you going to take your Kocoono with you on holidays to Spain, Portugal or any other warm climates? If you have the Kocoono Weighted Blanket LUXE, you can use its exclusive cooling effect! You just need to remove some of the inner weighted bands and place them in the freezer.
Use Kocoono Weighted Blanket in the Summer
Don't just assume the Kocoono Weighted blanket will make you hot without first-hand experience, and give pressure therapy a try. If poor sleep, stress and anxiety are issues for you, you really owe a Kocoono Blanket to yourself!
Studies have shown the positive effects of Weighted Blankets on Sleep. By providing Deep Touch Pressure Therapy, Kocoono blankets trigger the dopamine and serotonin release naturally (the "happy hormones" produced in the brain). These hormones provide a calming effect that helps combat anxiety and improves your mood.
When Kocoono wraps your body around, you will feel a sense of security that calms you down and relax your body instantly, making you fall into a deep and restorative sleep!
What is the best Kocoono weighted blanket for summer?
Due to the customisation and the cold therapy capabilities, the Kocoono LUXE is the best option for Summer.
It allows you to remove some of the weighted bands if you feel too hot and insert the bands in the freezer for an extra cooling effect.
As we explained above, all our Kocoono Blankets are made of premium breathable cotton on the bottom side, which will help you to regulate your body temperature and don't get too hot.
If you buy the Kocoono LUXE Ocean Waves cotton, then you can use either side close to your body as both are made of cotton!
By using them following the tips above, you will have a restful and cool sleep.
Kocoono LUXE Ocean Waves- Cooling Weighted Blanket
The Kocoono Blanket LUXE Ocean Waves Cotton is the best option for hot sleepers!
Both sides are made of cotton, and it works as a cooling blanket. It is specially designed to regulate your body temperature and keep you cool by using breathable cotton on both sides.
You can still use this in Winter with your regular duvet.
Kocoono Cotton Cover
Would you like to shop our Kocoono LUXE in Minky to snuggle under a fluffy fabric, but this fabric is too hot for the Summer? Good news! You can have the best of both worlds! You can buy the cotton cover for the Summer for your Kocoono LUXE and use the Minky cover of the blanket for wintertime!
Our Cotton Cover has a colourful wave pattern on one side, and the other side is white cotton. This is ideal to use in the Summer as it is cooler. You just need to remove the weighted bands from your Kocoono LUXE and place them on the cover, and you will have a whole different Kocoono!
Do you have any questions?
Send us an email at email@example.com or use our contact form to get in touch.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe here for more tips and wellness blogs that can help your health and overall wellbeing!
Leave a comment